Serves 2. Double indredients to serve 4.
- 8 scallops, cleaned
- ¼ cup dry vermouth
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- packaged dry breadcrumbs
- 60g butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cream
What to do
- Combine in bowl: vermouth, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add scallops and marinate for 2 hours.
- Drain scallops, reserving marinade.
- Coat scallops lightly with flour, dip in egg, then coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Thread 4 scallops onto each bamboo skewer.
- In frypan: heat oil and butter, then cook scallops until golden brown on both sides (2-3 mins).
- Remove from pain and drain, leaving 1 tbsp of pan drippings.
- Add reserved marinade, bring to boil, then simmer uncovered for 2 mins.
- Add cream and heat, but don't boil.
- Sut scallops on a bed of rice, then spoon sauce on top.