Taken from SFI Feb/2003.
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1.5 cups Plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup Dried fruit
- 0.5 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 60g Butter or low fat margarine
- 1 tbsp Boiling water
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
What to do
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a bowl (or jug), cook butter, maple syrup and honey for 2 minutes on High (microwave).
- Blend in water and soda.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Press firmly into baking tin: 18x28cm.
- Bake at 180° for 15-20 mins.