Tyson's chocolate chip cookies
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups SR flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g chocolate chips. (doubled from a scarce 125g.)
- Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla essence.
- Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in sifted flour and salt.
- Add chocolate chips, mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls, place lightly on greased oven trays, allowing room for spreading (makes about 45).
- Bake in moderate oven for 10-12 mins.
- Leave on trays to cool.